I always go back to the beach.
This is another one of my favorites, though I don’t often get to go because it’s so far.
This year, though, I get to go here twice. The first was for STORM’s company outing and the second was for my birthday weekend. Pretty great deal, actually.
I’ve been here several times the past few years. It’s a very wide beach and the water is perfect for skimboarding or surfing in the afternoon and swimming in the morning. Plus it has a pretty great view of the sun.
Some things to know:
- El Puerto Marina Beach Resort and Spa is the only resort there. We were able to go there when they only had three cottages and around 10 rooms. Now, they have a water park and they can hold up to more than a hundred guests. Check out their site.
- The ride going there is soooooo looooong. Best be comfortable. Also, Waze is a lifesaver.
- It’s not a party place. If that’s your thing, it might not be the place for you.
- The staff at the resort is very accommodating. I mean, really, very accommodating.
- They offer corporate packages for company outings and even teambuilding. They can provide you with everything you need for activities (rope for tug of war? bonfire? Name it.).
- As with anywhere else, respect people and culture, follow signs and warning, minimize human damage, and take care of your belongings.